Internet of Things (IoT)
The Internet of Things ("Internet of Things") is a collection of devices ("things") that communicate with each other via the Internet. They are also referred to as "smart" devices. These devices exchange data ("data") with each other via the internet. The amount of data that is generated and processed here is enormous. By monitoring, controlling and analyzing this data, we can save costs, improve processes and make our lives more comfortable. Some examples of IoT
Almost everyone comes into contact with devices that communicate with each other via the internet on a daily basis. These are a few examples of IoT:
• Smart lighting and climate control in buildings;
• Smart meters that transmit meter readings and detect faults;
• Monitoring the yield of solar panels;
• Managing information pillars;
• Reading coffee machines;
• Cars that can be provided with on demand software updates. Why IoT at your production location?
Processing large amounts of data can be quite costly. At large production locations, we are therefore seeing an increasing demand for Private LTE (3G, 4G or 5G) - or LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network) networks. This is because these connections can yield significant cost savings. These networks can also play a distinctive role for the security of a business location. Tailor-made solutions
There is no ready-made solution for setting up an IoT network: customization is almost always required. There are roughly three parts to take into account.
1. The IoT device To make a device "smart", sensors must be added that record relevant data.
2. The connectivity The collected data must be brought to the Cloud. This is done by means of gateways. The data can be transferred to the Cloud via Private LTE, but also via LoRaWAN, for example. The data is often small and the devices use little power. As a result, moving the data to the Cloud can be done at low cost.
3. The Cloud platform The data is collected and made transparent in the Cloud platform. The connectivity goes both ways: with the data sent to the Cloud you can control other devices and use them more efficiently.
We specialize in custom IoT solutions. Over the years we have built an extensive portfolio of sensors, gateways and even Cloud platforms. Our solutions ensure that our customers are ready for the future: a world linked together via the Internet of Things.